So here I'm back in the States and it's the pick of pumpkin season. I went with Zikki the other day to Union Square Farmers Market and I saw all the beautiful squashes and pumpkins- I just had to make some recipes for you! I still don't have an oven at the new apartment (supposed to arrive today) so we continue our non-oven baking sessions with these gorgeous Pumpkin Pancakes! They are insanely beautiful in color, gingies like my beard, perfect with butter and maple syrup. Perfect as a wonderful post-Thanksgiving breakfast.
250 ml whole milk
230 gr flour
180 gr pumpkin puree
50 gr yogurt
40 gr light brown sugar
10 gr baking powder
5 gr salt
5 gr pumpkin spice
5 gr vanilla
3 gr cinnamon
2 free-range eggs
- In a bowl mix milk, yogurt, pumpkin puree.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and stir well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix just until incorporated, don't over mix, we don't want to develop gluten.
- Hit a flat pan on medium-low heat.
- Add a tbs of butter and pour the batter.
- Let the pancakes cook for 3 min, then flip and cook for another 3 min on the other side.
- Stuck the pancakes on top of each other, add a piece of butter, and shower with maple syrup.