Everyone likes pita, everyone likes pizza, what about the Pizza Pita? This is my favorite childhood snack and it’s so easy to make, takes only 10 minutes! Simply take your leftover pitas (or make fresh ones using my Classic Pita Recipe), open them, spread some tomato sauce (or ketchup, yes yes, ketchup), top with cheese and your favorite topping and bake for 10 min. It’s the easiest, yet super delicious pizza to make for your kids, to enjoy as a quick lunch or as late-night munchies!
Ingredients (for 4 pita pizzas)
Small can of whole tomatoes (San Marzano are #1)
250 gr cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Asiago), shredded
20 green olives, sliced
2-3 basil leaves
1 clove of garlic
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 420F or 220C.
- Take your pitas (that you made yourself! At least I hope so) and cut them open in half.
- In a bowl or a container- blend the tomatoes with basil and garlic.
- On each half spread 3-4 tablespoons of tomato sauce. Sprinkle some cheese, top with sliced olives, sprinkle salt and dried oregano, and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake for 10 min.
- Enjoy it with your lovers, that’s your new obsession from now on.