Hola mis amigos! Cómo estás hoy? I have a special loaf for you today. This is a Mexican sourdough loaf. I decided to add all the toppings that come to my mind when I think of Mexican food! Corn, black beans, peppers, and cheese. The combination is unreal. Seriously guys the smell in our apartment now is unbelievable. ANDDDDD.... it is a full meal in every slice. You don't need to put anything on top. This is how I like my bread!
85% bread flour
15% whole wheat flour
20% sourdough starter
15% black beans
10% Queso Manchego cheese
1 jalapeno pepper
1/4 red bell pepper
- In a bowl mix the flour and water. Let it autolyze for an hour covered with a towel.
- Add the starter and fold it into the dough. Rest for 30 min.
- Add the salt and a sip of water. Mix until incorporated. Rest for 30 min.
- Perform two coiled folds. 30 min rest in between.
- Spread a sip of water on the working surface, it helps prevent the dough from sticking to the surface.
- Stretch the dough to a thin layer and spread the add-ins on top. Try to avoid adding their liquids as well. This step is known as lamination.
- Fold the dough and place it back in the bowl.
- Perform another 3 folds. 30 min rest in between. Let it rest for an hour before pre-shape.
- Pre-shape. 15-20 min rest.
- Shaping. Place in a proofing basket and let it rest in RT for an hour before you place it in the fridge to ferment overnight.
- The next day, preheat your dutch oven to 470F or 245C for an hour.
- Score the loaf directly from the fridge. Close the lid of the dutch oven and let it bake for 30 min.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 20-30 min (depends on how you like your crust).
- Let it cool on a rack for an hour before you slice it!
- Share it with your lovers, it’s too delicious to eat alone.