After a long time, I haven't been home, I finally made it. I missed my parents, my siblings, my friends, and my sweet dog Jerry so much. My mom surprised me with lots of goodies she knows I was craving. One of them was her legendary Brownies. They are my favorite brownies in the whole universe. I remember these brownies accompanying me everywhere I went in my life. My mom always sent me with a box, full of small cubes of brownies, in little liner cups (she called it "Manjet"). They are soft, chocolatey, not too sweet, and so addictive! Takes about an hour from the start to a slice of brownie. Ohh YASSS.
*”Ima” means “mom” in Hebrew
200 gr dark chocolate
150 gr butter
135 gr brown sugar
135 gr white sugar
90 gr flour
90 gr walnuts
30 gr shredded coconut
3 free-range eggs
2 gr baking powder
- Heat an oven to 356F or 180C.
- Boil water in a big pot.
- In a smaller pot, add butter, chocolate, and sugars.
- Place the smaller pot on the water in the big pot. This cooking method is called Bain-Marie and it is used to heat materials gently (not over direct heat) or to melt ingredients for cooking.
- After all the ingredients have melted and dissolved, remove from the heat.
- Beat 3 eggs until fluffy and light in color.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate-butter-sugar mix while stirring well. If you do it slowly- the eggs will get cooked like an omelet, so make sure you mix fast.
- Add flour, baking powder, and shredded coconut. Fold them into the batter.
- Add the walnuts and fold them in the batter.
- Brush a baking pan with enough butter (you can replace it with oil). Pour the batter into the pan. The batter should fill up to half the height of the pan.
- Bake for 25 min. If you are not sure- perform the toothpick test.
- Wait for the brownies to cool down, then cut them into small cubes.