These are the most delicious morning buns I made recently. Especially because I made the granola as well. If you follow my bread baking videos you probably know how much I love my bread with add-ins. It feels for me like a whole meal in a slice of bread. Adding granola to this dough gives so much flavors to the buns and makes them such an exciting bread for sandwiches. They are addictive and so easy to make, takes about 4-5 hours from mixing to baked buns. I'm excited to see what you gonna fill them up with. YASSS.
500 gr bread flour
230 ml whole milk
30 gr soft butter
15 gr sugar
10 gr dry yeast
10 gr salt
2 free-range egg
150 gr homemade granola
- In a stand mixer's bowl add the milk, yeast, sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the flour and set the mixer on the lowest speed. Knead for 5 min until all the ingredients got incorporated into the dough.
- Add the butter and speed up the mixer one notch. Knead for another 5-6 min.
- Add the salt. Knead for an additional 2 min.
- Add the granola and knead just until of it incorporated evenly in the dough.
- Round the dough into a ball and let it rest until double in size.
- Punch the dough and divide it into 100 gr pieces.
- Each piece round to a little ball. Each ball dip in water and then in granola.
- Place the balls on a baking tray, 2-3 cm space between one another.
- Let the rolls proof until almost double in size. In the meantime preheat the oven to 380F or 190C.
- Take the rolls out of the oven and eat immediately with butter and jam, or let them cool down and then fill them up with all the goodies you have.