Banana bread? Nope! Banana cookies. These cookies take 25 min from start to finish. They are soft, moist, and perfect for a light breakfast next to your coffee. In this recipe, I used whole wheat flour and oat flour. Personally, I don't see any reason to use white flour in this recipe. In whatever recipe I produce, I always prefer to use whole wheat flour - if the recipe allows for it, of course! Adding cinnamon and cardamom powders enhance the flavors of the banana, and with the chopped pecans? It's a whole freaking party.
270 gr brown sugar
240 gr rolled oats
170 gr soft butter
150 gr whole wheat flour
80 gr oat flour
70 gr chopped pecans
7 gr cinnamon powder
5 gr vanilla
4 gr baking soda
1 gr cardamom
1 free-range egg
3-4 ripe bananas
- Preheat your oven to 350F or 180C.
- Peel the bananas and mash them.
- Add brown sugar, egg, butter, vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Add oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, and mix just until combined- don't over mix the batter.
- Add the pecans and oat and fold them in the batter.
- Scoop a ball of batter and place it on parchment paper. Make sure you leave an inch space between the cookies, they will spread a little in the oven. Flatten the cookies a little bit with wet hands.
- Bake for 10-13 min.
- Remove from the oven. Using a larger bowl than the cookies, round them up to a perfect circular cookie.
- Be gentle with them, they are soft, moist, and sexy.